Welcome, Box Office
WELCOME! The Backstage Theatre maintains an extensive Volunteer Group to help supplement the staff in a number of different areas.
These fine individuals contribute their time, talent, and energy providing a vital function. They come from all walks of life enabling the
theatre to operate more efficiently and better serve the patrons who frequent the Theatre for the Community! Their volunteer services
are utilized as ushers, concessions and ticket sales agents. There are also opportunities to assist in set building and painting, costume
changings, make-up and more!
Visit us frequently at this site for additional information about the Volunteers at the Backstage Theatre or please call us at (970) 453-0199.
WHAT IS A BOX OFFICE VOLUNTEER / USHER?
A goodwill ambassador of The Backstage Theatre assisting all Front of House staff in providing excellent customer service to our patrons and ensuring public safety.
WHAT DOES A BOX OFFICE VOLUNTEER / USHER DO?
* Sell tickets and concession items
* Ensure that patrons are properly seated and that late seating policies are followed
* Hand out and pick up programs, stuffers, etc.
* Alert Staff to any patron's special needs or emergency situations
* Provide general information
* Perform other duties as assigned by Staff
* Have a positive attitude, be flexible, friendly and courteous with patrons, staff and peers
* Be able to read small print in low light
* Be able to easily walk up and down stairs
* Be able to hear, understand and follow verbal directions
* Be punctual and/or call if you will not be able to work a previously scheduled date/time
TYPICAL EVENING AT THE BOX OFFICE
Arrive at the box office 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to show time. Locate your seat assignment. Turn on lights and heaters (if needed),
set out counter items: signs, candy tray, cough drops, programs/inserts. Put money in cash box and cash drawer, make coffee and hot water.
Print out Will Call tickets, check-in on reservations list as patrons arrive. Sell tickets and concessions. ENJOY THE SHOW! Check theatre for
trash after shows, turn off coffee makers, bring in sandwich board sign, put money in money bag and give to stage tech for the evening.
Turn off lights, lock doors. Tell everyone about the great show you saw!
For more information or to Volunteer at the Backstage Theatre, contact
Geralyn Smitherman, Board Member - Volunteer Recruiter
Updated November 9, 2011